Sample Circuit: Bit Shifter

An area for asking questions, making suggestion, share ideas and place circuit examples.
jflanigan

Sample Circuit: Bit Shifter

Post by jflanigan »

Eugene,

You have done a wonderful job here. I find LogicCircuit to be an excellent tool for learning and experimenting. The ability to create logical ciruits and then drag and drop them into other circuits makes it so easy for a beginner like me to start with small understandable circuits and build them into something greater.

The DigitalClock example was a great example: it has enough complexity to make it worthwhile spending the time to pick it apart, set up probes and watch it work. And be amazed.

Thank you.

I have built a 4-bit shifter (and test harness) that I would like to upload. Would you grant me permission to do so?

Regards,
John
Last edited by jflanigan on Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Bit Shifter & Thanks

Post by admin »

Hi John,
Thank you for using LogicCircuit and willing to share your ideas and circuits with others. This board was created exactly for this purpose and you are always welcome to upload them here.
Good luck with your design creativity,
Eugene
jflanigan

Re: Bit Shifter

Post by jflanigan »

Attached is a CircuitProject file for a 4-Bit Shifter. The design is based on the circuit illustrated at http://library.thinkquest.org/25111/binmath.shtml.
Attachments
Bit Shifter.CircuitProject
Bit Shifter
(26.35 KiB) Downloaded 1056 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: Bit Shifter & Thanks

Post by admin »

Great, works like charm!
It is very nice you’ve provided descriptions about the shifter as well as test harness.
You can also add descriptions to input and output pins, so when mouse is hovered over, it is showing the details of the pin both on the circuit itself as well as on the symbol when you use it on other circuit. Another option is to place some of the pins on different sides of the circuit symbol.
Thanks again and looking forward to have you designing more nice stuff.