Problems with JK Flipflops

An area for asking questions, making suggestion, share ideas and place circuit examples.
luguo

Problems with JK Flipflops

Post by luguo »

When I set both inputs to "1", my JK trigger gave the wrong output instead of just switching the state as expected.

I really don't understand where the problem is. Can you help me solve the problem? thank you very much

This passage uses Google Translate, so it may be a little weird, my native language is not English :oops:
1.jpg
1.jpg (29.46 KiB) Viewed 9101 times
superryan94

Re: Problems with JK Flipflops

Post by superryan94 »

For me it usually help to add little balloons mid circuit to see what signals are in different stages.

In your case, due to having all signals on the first part of the flipflop to a 1 it giver out a 0 to the second part.
Now the second part has only one 1 signal so it will stay on and give a 1 as output.
As soon as one of the input signals drop you will get a 1 out of the first part giving only one signal.
This kind of flip flop always gives out a signal, either 1 or 2 directions.
Attachments
jk.png
jk.png (23.15 KiB) Viewed 9084 times
luguo

Post by luguo »

thank you for your reply:-)

I think I may have some misunderstandings about jk triggers ...
So when the clock pulse falls, the jk flip-flop will flip?
But when I simulate this in the program, the result seems to be random, not necessarily toggling every time...why?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You are struggling with timing problems. Try to use master slave jk flip-flops. This will work for you.
Circuit Project.Main.Png
Circuit Project.Main.Png (25.32 KiB) Viewed 9074 times
Attachments
JK test.CircuitProject
(55.42 KiB) Downloaded 500 times