how can I create and reuse an mux

An area for asking questions, making suggestion, share ideas and place circuit examples.
themhz

how can I create and reuse an mux

Post by themhz »

Hi, this software is nice and easy for me to understand. I Used it to implement a full adder for my university. Now we are studding multiplexers and I have made a 2 -1 mux. However I was wondering two things. First is there a way to use a multiplexer from basic input output on the sidebar? or If I make a circuit is there a way for me to save it as a module and reuse its inputs and outputs as a blackbox ?

thank you for your effort.
admin
Site Admin

Re: how can I create and reuse an mux

Post by admin »

Hi,
I am not quite understanding your question. There are no multiplexers in the input/output. You may be thinking about splitter, but it is not the same as mux.
In order to share any circuit, you have made you can import it into new project from where it exists. Just click Menu File/Import and select your circuit in the pop-up dialog.
Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Eugene
Xaetral

Post by Xaetral »

as a blackbox? easy, just search "create a new circuit" then copy-paste your mux within this new circuit.
when editing your new circuit, you can even put it inside a custom category.

for a 2-1 mux just use 2 AND gates, one OR and a NOT (output = inputA AND (select) OR inputB AND (/select))
themhz

Post by themhz »

Sorry for the delay. Thank you. Yes I have found it.