8bits Serial Transmitter + Receiver using only 1 wire

An area for asking questions, making suggestion, share ideas and place circuit examples.
Xaetral

8bits Serial Transmitter + Receiver using only 1 wire

Post by Xaetral »

I've just finished my serial communication modules, as you can see it's like a 8 bits register (In, Out, Write and Reset) but you can put each part in 2 different circuits and they will only need 1 single wire (yes, I mean a 1 bit wire) between them.

please note that because it's a 8bits serial communication, there is at least 8 clock cycles of latency between those 2 of course.

Attachments
8b_Serial.CircuitProject
(203.94 KiB) Downloaded 440 times
Xaetral

Re: 8bits Serial Transmitter + Receiver using only 1 wire

Post by Xaetral »

I have a problem with the Rx module, it is probably my fault but it might be a bug in the software;
when you put a Z state (High Impedance) on the input, it works fine, but when you don't connect any wire (witch is a Z state IRL) the simulation shows up "oscillation" and fail (and even completely freeze the simulation in case of my processor).
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Can you please send your project file with steps to reproduce the issue?
Xaetral

Post by Xaetral »

hum, I think everything is here, you have the file and you just have to put the Rx module into a new circuit then put a reset button and as I said that's it
Xaetral

Post by Xaetral »

if it helps you: this bug(?) shouldn't be too much related to the other "non-connected wires" bug because my v.3 was already freezing the simulation before updating today, while the other bug occured after I did update