Bidirectional pins

If you have something to say about LogicCircuit program or you know how to improve it please share it here.
Jokse

Bidirectional pins

Post by Jokse »

Hi,

I just want to know if it is possible to add bidirectional pins to be able to support chips like the 74xx245?

Regards,
Jokse
admin
Site Admin

Re: Bidirectional pins

Post by admin »

Hi Jokse,
The pins are actually bidirectional. The distinction between input and output pins is their default position on symbols and use in building of truth table. In all other cases they are treated as just copper connecting internals of the circuits with its external connections.
Eugene
Jokse

Post by Jokse »

Sorry, I actually went through the threads after writing this post and saw that it was already a working function.
Thanks a lot for a very awesome program.

I do have some suggestion though, maybe being able to customize the circuit "component", like change the spacing of the pins as well as their position relative to each other, not just the side they're on (kinda like a real IC package) and maybe do simple graphics on the packages. And then there is the drawing of the lines, I don't seem to be able to draw from an already connected line unless I drew it in multiple stages. Is it possible to make it so that you can draw a line from an already drawn one? Oh and maybe be able to toggle the position of the enable pin of the tri-state gate?

Regards,
Jokse
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for your suggestions. I’ll think about spacing of pins. As for their relative positions you can control it now by placing pins on the circuit itself. Please see this help page for more details: http://logiccircuit.org/advanced.html
For drawing of wires there are some tips you can get from: http://logiccircuit.org/edit.html
You can start a new line from the end point of another and hence the point of connection of two or more others.
Can you please explain what graphics do you mean? You can add a text note and put any image in it if you want. What do you mean by toggle position of tri state gate?
Jokse

Post by Jokse »

I think I have found out the things I wanted.
The wire editing wasn't as intuitive compared to circuit/board editors like Eagle, but it works when you get the hang of it.
The "toggle" part suggestion is to select which side on the tri-state buffer to have the tri-state pin.
Another suggestion would also be to keep the text of a pin the right way even when flipping it around.

And for a circuit specific question: Image and Image
Do you know how to implement that "part" ? I don't really know what it's function is other than it being present on datasheets for various 74xx logics like 74HC76.

Otherwise, still a fantastic program and a fantastic job you've done.

Regards,
Jokse
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ok, I’ll see how I can toggle the side of control pin.
The first circuit I’ve found:
http://www.maximintegrated.com/app-note ... vp/id/4243
The second one I don’t know. But the 74HC76 is just two JK flip-flops with preset and clear so it is easy to implement them yourself.
Thanks,
Eugene