Suggestions...

If you have something to say about LogicCircuit program or you know how to improve it please share it here.
nussm

Suggestions...

Post by nussm »

Hi...

Nice program. These features would make the program more useful:

- Labels on the input/outputs for the created blocks.
- More standard blocks like flip-flops.
- Online library where special blocks like 4000-items could be downloaded.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Suggestions...

Post by admin »

Thank you for your suggestions.
Labels on the body of circuit’s symbol is really good idea and it will definitely deserve some time spent implementing this feature. So you can expect it in one of the next versions. Meanwhile there is a tool tips shown when you hover your mouse over the input/output pin.
The main goal of the program is to be a learning tool so students can build everything they want from scratch. So the standard blocks like flip-flops are not the step in this direction. However having libraries of such items is another nice idea. As a jump start you can use any circuit in digital clock project from download page http://logiccircuit.codeplex.com/Releas ... eases.aspx. Just start two instances of the program, open digital clock in one and your project in another and copy/paste symbols of any circuit you want in your project.
You can also contribute to library of standard circuits by providing them. So if you build anything that can be shared by other people please feel free to post it on this forum.
Thank you,
Eugene
nussm

Post by nussm »

Hi again

I tried building a simple JK flip-flop with set/clear inputs. But I cannot make it work. I have tried different layouts, but they all give ustable results. You can see an example here:
http://download.koldsgaard.dk/JK.CircuitProject

Some layouts gives fine J = K = 1 results, but poor set/clear results. The one above gives unstable J = K = 1 results, but fine set/clear results. I tried rebuilding the JK flip-flop from the DigitalClock-project, but when I added the set input, the J = K = 1 results got crappy.

If you could help by build a JK flip-flop set/clear inputs in your program, then I can provide a 4516-component to the library.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
Your JK is level controlled flip-flop which usually make it really hard to get in sync. If you want to simulate the actual schematics of 4000 series and you are sure it uses such flip-flops, than we probably need to figure out their design. If you care about logical side only then there is a JK flip-flop controlled by rear front of sync in the digital clock. Please have a look there in flip-flops category.
If you insist on the original 4000 behavior, then please point me out where I can see it, as I did not find any good diagram of flip-flop they are using in 4516 counter. BTW some other flip-flops like 4013 look like are master –slave ones so they are front controlling not level.
Thanks,
Eugene
technocase

Post by technocase »

Hi,

I just tried the program and I am pleased: good look and feel, and with the few hints I was up and running, drawing a edge-triggered D-type FF and used it succesfully to simulate a SN74175 to check an actual design. Nice!!

As a suggestion: I would like to be able to place small textblocks or label freely (a suggestion made also by others)

thanks so far

technocase
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas. Adding comments to circuit is on radar for the next version.
Can you please explain what kind of hints did you get and how did you find them?
Thanks,
Eugene