Help - Simulation of Victoria Dam gate operations

An area for asking questions, making suggestion, share ideas and place circuit examples.
victoria

Help - Simulation of Victoria Dam gate operations

Post by victoria »

I already have two posts on 'Up down counter and 'Hex - decimal constant' with satisfactory responses.

I acknowledge help once by Eugine and another time by Hans Cadens.

Tis time I am stuck with a latching problem while building a simulating model for Victoria Dam spillway gate operations.

The project has been simplified just to show the trouble spot and seek help. The logic Circuit file is loaded.

Would someone help me please?
Attachments
Simulation project simplified for Circuit Talk.CircuitProject
(3.61 MiB) Downloaded 439 times
Ale95

Re: Help - Simulation of Victoria Dam gate operations

Post by Ale95 »

C3 and C4 have the same values (812) and the two 12 bit comparators output 1 to the set command of the latches q3 and q4 when C is 812.
Why you say it is unexpected?
victoria

Re: Help - Simulation of Victoria Dam gate operations

Post by victoria »

Dear Ale95,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

You have pinched my ear and made me realize the silly mistake I have done. But I do not realize why I labored to locate the mistake for a week and finally asked for your help.

However, I have been wise enough to redo the trouble area and have managed to proceed without ever knowing the mistake unless you helped me.

Present progress of my simulation project

1. Simulation of reservoir water level has been completed and is working fine.
2. Another simulation for the nitrogen accumulator and the system hydraulic pressure has to be done.
3. The logic of the automation program built with electrical relays is being drawn and will be connected to the latched states of the float operated limit switches, hydraulic pressure switches, gate operated limit switches and commanded motors and solenoid valves.

I am extremely sorry for finding your reply late.

Thank you again - Victoria