Delay clock pulse

An area for asking questions, making suggestion, share ideas and place circuit examples.
helmut

Delay clock pulse

Post by helmut »

Hello,

i'm new to this software. I would like to ask if there is a possibility to delay a clock pulse by 1/4? I would use this for creating a enable and set line for a cpu?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Delay clock pulse

Post by admin »

Hi Helmut,
There is no any feature that allows you to delay tick for any specific time. However you can reorder clock signal on different consumers by adding chain of even number of not gates.
Eugene
helmut

Post by helmut »

Hello! Thank you for your quick answer.

How could i calculate how many not gate i need for 1/4 of the signal? Is there a way to measure it?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

There is no way to delay to 1/4th of the tick. The execution is happening almost momentarily in the scale of the tick. You can just change the order in which the gates get evaluated. I’d suggest to try just 2 nots and then see if it works.
superryan94

Post by superryan94 »

Actualy, you can delay a clock signal by staking jk's. That way each clock tick the puls will Move. If you connect the last jk with the First in opposit input as the rest you will delay the clock depending on the amount of jk's. I have made a 1\32 by doing this. But for your 1\4 4jk's should be enough.